- Hong Kong Professionals & Senior Executives Association and Lingnan University Joint Leadership Mentoring Programme 2013
- Student artwork exhibition entitled “Points of View”
- CHR Open Lecture on Literature: Putting a Queer Shoulder to Wheel──Irony, Parody and National Devotion
- Teaching and Learning Centre professional development workshops
- Unveiling ceremony of "Effort" – sculpture donated by renowned Mexican sculptor
- Public lecture on “Mexican Sculpture from Pre-Hispanic times to Sacal”
- HK Jockey Club Distinguished Visiting Professors of Modern Chinese Literature join “In the name of the May Fourth: A Literary Forum” at Lingnan University
- New Dean of the Community College and Further Education appointed
Awards and Achievements
- Excellent results for University Rowing Team at Verdant River Regatta 2013
- Remarkable achievements of University Judo Team and Karatedo Team at open tournaments
- University Lion Dance and Martial Arts Team awarded prize at Fifth Eastern Dragon and Lion Dance Invitational Competition
- 315 students awarded $9.7 million in scholarships
- Lingnan gets gold award for making website accessible
- Summer Workshop: Cinema & Human Rights
- MCS10 Seminars on “In and Out of the Institution: The Past and Future of Cultural Studies and Adult Education”
- Centre for Humanities Research: International Academic Conference on “Hong Kong Literature and Culture of the 1950s”
- The 33rd Seminar for the Senior Officials of the Minority Nationalities Autonomous Prefectures in China
- The 4th Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Service-Learning “Service-Learning as a Bridge from Local to Global: Connected World, Connected Future”
- Call for Papers: 2013 Academy of International Business (AIB) Southeast Asia Regional Conference
The kick-off ceremony of the third Leadership Mentoring Programme (LMP), co-organised by the Hong Kong Professionals & Senior Executives Association (HKPASEA) and Lingnan University, was held on 13 April, officiated by HKPASEA President Mr Tony Tse and Lingnan University’s President Chan Yuk-Shee.
An exhibition entitled “Points of View” was held at the Leung Fong Oi Wan Art Gallery on 17-19 April, displaying artworks by students who completed the courses “Western Art – Romanticism to Modernism”, “Contemporary Drawing” and “Understanding Drawing”.
Renowned poet, scholar and visual artist Prof Christopher Kelen gave a lecture on irony, parody and national devotion at the invitation of the Centre for Humanities Research on 19 April.
Student Learning/Mentoring and Teaching Development are the main themes of a series of professional development workshops and special programmes at Lingnan running throughout this semester for teaching staff. The themes coincide with the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC)’s new Strategic Plan 2012-2015.
In appreciation of the generous donation by renowned Mexican sculptor Mr José Sacal of his work "Effort" ("Esfuerzo" in Spanish) to Lingnan University, an unveiling ceremony was held on 29 April.
A lecture on Mexican sculpture has been organised by the Department of Visual Studies of Lingnan University to coincide with the unveiling of the work “Effort” donated by sculptor Mr José Sacal.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Distinguished Visiting Professorship of Modern Chinese Literature at Lingnan University, a five-year programme sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, has come to a fruitful end earlier this year. On 2 May, the University invited the visiting professors between 2009 and 2013 to a forum entitled “In the name of the May Fourth: A Literary Forum” and speak on literary topics relating to mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Dr Ng Hoi-man, Brandon has been appointed as Dean of the Community College and Further Education at Lingnan University, effective 24 June 2013.
Lingnan University Rowing Team got two prizes at the Verdant River Regatta 2013 held on 24 March at Shing Mun River, Shatin.
Lingnan University Judo Team and Karatedo Team were awarded several prizes at open tournaments.
Lingnan University Lion Dance and Martial Arts Team won the third runner-up prize at the Fifth Eastern Dragon and Lion Dance Invitational Competition on 14 April.
At Lingnan’s Awards Presentation Ceremony 2013 on 15 April, 429 scholarships and awards totalling about HK$9.7 million were presented to 315 students in recognition of their outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Lingnan University has been honoured with a gold award at a ceremony for the Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme co-organised by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO) and the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC).
The Department of Economics has announced that this year’s MSc in International Banking and Finance Programme (MIBF) Scholarships will go to two year-three students of the Contemporary Economic and Public Policy (CEPP) Stream.
|Guest Speakers||:||Prof John Erni, Prof Rod Stoneman, Josefina Bergsten, Basil Fernando, Dr Emma Sandon, Ying Liang, Prof Kelly Matheson, Zeng Jinyan and Tammy Cheung|
|Date||:||13-16 May 2013|
|Venue||:||Lingnan University campus|
|Theme||: Privately Funded Education and Master Programmes on the Periphery of the Institution|
|Date||: 18 May 2013|
|Time||: 2 pm – 6:40 pm|
|Venue||: MBG07, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Date||: 21 - 23 May 2013|
|Time||: 9:30am - 5:00pm|
|Venue||: Paul S Lam Conference Centre, 3/F, Amenities Building, Lingnan University|
|Language||: Cantonese, Mandarin, English|
|Enquiries||: chr@LN.edu.hk or 2616 8055|
|Date||: 23 May - 4 June 2013|
|Time||: 9am - 5pm|
|Venue||: MBG01, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Date||: 4-7 June 2013|
|Venue||: Lingnan University and Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou|
|Enquiries||: 2616-8074 / 2616-8076|
|Deadline for Paper Submission||: 16 July 2013|
|Event Date||: 5-7 December 2013|
|Event Time||: 9 am – 5 pm|
|Venue||: The Stones Hotel, Bali, Indonesia|
|Enquiries||: 2616 8373|