- Search of a new President in good progress
- Opening Ceremony for Psychology Laboratory at Lingnan
- Graduate Exit Survey and Graduate Employment Survey 2012
- Hong Kong Jockey Club Distinguished Visiting Professors of Modern Chinese Literature join “In the name of the May Fourth: A Literary Forum”
- Kick-off Ceremony of the “Chinese General Chamber of Commerce Mainland Summer Internship Programme 2013”
- Prof Xu Zidong shares anecdotes of Eileen Chang in her later years
- “Intertextuality” – Lingnan University Artist-in-Residence Exhibition 2013
- CHR hosts international academic conference on “Hong Kong Literature and Culture of the 1950s”
- 33rd Seminar for Senior Officials of Minority Nationalities Autonomous Prefectures in China
Awards and Achievements
- Lingnan University Taekwondo Team wins second runner-up prize
- Prize Presentation Ceremony of the President’s Cup 2012/13
- Annual Sports Teams Gathering and Awards Presentation
- Office of Service-Learning receives Honorable Mention of the 2013 MacJannet Prize for Global Citizenship
- ZeShan Foundation Scholarships Presentation and Sharing Session
- Matthew Cheng Ching-hang presented with 2012 Arts Development Award (Art Criticism)
- Lingnan Education Organization Ambassadors Appointment Ceremony
- The 4th Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Service-Learning “Service-Learning as a Bridge from Local to Global: Connected World, Connected Future”
- Seminar on Li Kuang and His Literary Works
- Seminar on "Marketpower and Its Determinants of the Chinese Airline Industry"
- Call for Papers: 2013 Academy of International Business (AIB) Southeast Asia Regional Conference
- Master of Cultural Studies 10th Anniversary Forum on "In and Out of the Institution: The Past and Future of Cultural Studies and Adult Education"
- Alumni Activities
- Campus News
- Awards and Achievements
- New Publications
- Upcoming Events
The Search Committee for New President is pleased to announce that the search of a new President is in good progress. With the help from the professional search firm, the Search Committee has already identified some potential candidates and will start meeting the candidates. It is anticipated that the candidate recommended by the Search Committee would be arranged to meet with colleagues and students, hopefully in this summer (likely around June/July) and as early as practicable.
On 25 April, the Department of Sociology & Social Policy of Lingnan University held an opening ceremony for its Psychology Laboratory.
The Teaching and Learning Centre and the Student Services Centre have completed the Graduate Exit Survey 2012 and Graduate Employment Survey 2012 respectively with a high response rate of over 90%.
On 2 May, Lingnan University invited The Hong Kong Jockey Club Distinguished Visiting Professors between 2009 and 2013 to a forum entitled “In the name of the May Fourth: A Literary Forum” and speak on literary topics relating to mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
This summer, 48 Lingnan students will join an eight-week Mainland Summer Internship Programme to Shanghai sponsored by the Chinese General Chamber of Commerce (CGCC), in order to better understand the latest developments of China and prepare for their future career.
On 4 May, Prof Xu Zidong, Head of the Department of Chinese of Lingnan University, shared anecdotes of renowned modern Chinese writer Eileen Chang in the US, as revealed in Prof C T Hsia’s latest book The Letters of Eileen Chang, a compilation of correspondences between Prof Hsia and Ms Chang between 1963 and 1994.
Lingnan University’s Department of Visual Studies and Painting On and On co-presented an exhibition on “Intertextuality” on 8-21 May, with Mr Chow Chun-fai, the University’s Artist-in-Residence 2012/13, as the curator.
The Centre for Humanities Research (CHR) hosted an international academic conference on “Hong Kong Literature and Culture of the 1950s” on 21-23 May 2013.
Lingnan University’s Hong Kong Institute of Business Studies (HKIBS) and the Hong Kong Pei Hua Education Foundation co-organised “The 33rd Seminar for the Senior Officials of the Minority Nationalities Autonomous Prefectures in China” from 23 May to 4 June.
Lingnan University’s Taekwondo Team came third in the USFHK Inter-collegiate (Men’s) Taekwondo Competition held on 16-17 March at the City University of Hong Kong.
Prize Presentation was held after the final round of the Men’s Basketball match on 27 March. President Chan Yuk-Shee, Prof Lee Hung-kai, Associate Vice-President (Student Affairs) and Hostel Wardens presented the prizes to the students.
Over 400 sports team members, coaches, staff and guests attended the Annual Sports Teams Gathering on 11 April.
The Service-Learning and Research Scheme (SLRS) of Lingnan University’s Office of Service-Learning (OSL) has received an Honorable Mention under the 2013 MacJannet Prize for Global Citizenship.
On 3 May, 20 scholarships were awarded by ZeShan Foundation to support students going on exchange overseas or in mainland China for one semester in the academic year 2013/14.
Mr Matthew Cheng Ching-hang, of Lingnan’s Centre for Humanities Research, was presented with the 2012 Award for Best Artist (Art Criticism) from Hong Kong Arts Development Council on 9 May.
The Lingnan Education Organization (LEO) Ambassadors Appointment Ceremony was held at Lingnan Club on 21 May.
The 34th volume of "Cultural Studies@Lingnan" is now published.
|Date||: 4-7 June 2013|
|Venue||: Lingnan University and Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou|
|Enquiries||: 2616-8074 / 2616-8076|
|Date||:||15 Jun 2013|
|Venue||:||G/F, Lecture Theatre, Hong Kong Central Library|
|Speaker||:||Dr Cheung Wing-mui, Senior Lecture, Department of Chinese Language and Literature, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Mr Matthew Cheng, Research Assistant, Centre for Humanities Research, Lingnan University|
|Date||:||20 Jun 2013|
|Time||:||10:00 am - 11:30 am|
|Venue||:||SEK205, 2/F, Simon and Eleanor Kwok Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Dr Yang Hangjun, Assistant Professor, Department of Transportation and Logistics, School of International Trade and Economics, University of International Business and Economics|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: English
|Deadline for Paper Submission||: 16 July 2013|
|Event Date||: 5-7 December 2013|
|Event Time||: 9 am – 5 pm|
|Venue||: The Stones Hotel, Bali, Indonesia|
|Enquiries||: 2616 8373|
|Date||:||31 Aug 2013|
|Time||:||2:00 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Venue||:||SEKG09, Simon and Eleanor Kwok Building, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: Cantonese