- Lingnan achieves excellent results in RGC grant applications
- Cultural July: sharing session on English reading
- New Student Orientation 2013
- Lingnan University bids farewell to President Chan Yuk-Shee
- 10th anniversary of Master of Cultural Studies Programme
- Lingnan University appoints new Associate Vice-Presidents and Dean of Faculty of Arts
- New appointment and re-appointment to the Council
- The 35th Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan
- Oral history provides retrospective glimpse at medical staff’s heroism during SARS
- Nature Travel Writing – Exploring the New Territories
- Five new books by Dr Chin Wan-kan launched at Hong Kong Book Fair
Awards and Achievements
- Lingnan University Rowing Team gets excellent result at open tournament
- Dr Li Pang-kwong awarded BBS & Dr Lau Chi-pang appointed JP
- The 14th Seminar for Senior Administrators from East Guangdong Region
- Seminar on "Spirit of Science and Socially Responsible Scholarship"
- Conference on "China Rising: Power vs Responsibility"
- Seminar on "British Anti-Communism versus Communist Anti-Colonialism: The Origins of the Cold War Youth Race"
- International Day
- Inaugural Lecture
- Information Day
- Alumni Activities
- Campus News
- New Publications
- Awards and Achievements
- Upcoming Events
第十九期《嶺大校友 Lingnan Connections》將於2013年12月出版。一本內容精彩的校友刊物實有賴各位的鼎力支持。不要猶豫，立即與大家分享你的所見所聞及昔日回憶。歡迎校友為下列專欄提供稿件及/或相片：
與校友分享喜訊（如新婚或弄璋 / 弄瓦之喜等），除相片外，歡迎提供不多於100字的描述；相片的解像度須為800KB或以上為佳。
時間︰上午11時正 --- 開步禮；上午11時30分 --- 步行開始
Lingnan staff have successfully obtained support for 12 GRF and five ECS projects totaling $7,670,699 in funding.
On 2 July, renowned columnist Mr Chip Tsao (To Kit) was invited to host a sharing session with students on the pleasure of English reading co-organised by Lingnan University and Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC).
This year Lingnan University welcomed almost 1,000 new students, including local and non-local degree-seeking students, as well as exchange students, at the New Student Orientation on 24-26 August. About 220 senior students were recruited to serve as peer mentors to help organise the orientation and assist freshmen to adjust to university life.
Lingnan University held a lunch party and a dinner reception on 27 and 29 August respectively to bid farewell to President Chan Yuk-Shee, who is leaving Lingnan after six years of service. Under his leadership, Lingnan has made significant progress in achieving the goals of liberal arts education, advancing itself as one of the best liberal arts universities in the Asia-Pacific region.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Master of Cultural Studies Programme, a series of events including lectures, seminars, a cocktail reception and a party was held from May to August 2013. Teachers, students and alumni were invited to join together to review the past development of the programme and look forward to the future.
Prof Stephen Chan and Prof Mette Hjort have been appointed Associate Vice-Presidents overseeing academic affairs and academic quality assurance respectively, while Prof Grace Lau Yin-ping has taken up the post of Academic Dean, Faculty of Arts, effective August 2013.
The Chief Executive of the HKSAR has made an appointment and re-appointment to the University Council for a term of three years with effect from 1 August 2013.
The 35th volume of “Cultural Studies@Lingnan” is now published.
In the summer of 2012, 40 students from the “Hong Kong History after 1941” class in Lingnan’s Department of History interviewed 40 medical staff at Kwong Wah Hospital, who shared their stories and memorable moments in their fight against the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) 10 years ago. Their accounts were compiled into a book titled One Hundred Days in Alarm: Kwong Wah Battling SARS, which was available during the annual Hong Kong Book Fair in July 2013.
Nature Travel Writing – Exploring the New Territories (in Chinese), the last book of trans-sector writing curated by the late Prof Leung Ping-kwan (Yesi) of the Department of Chinese at Lingnan, was published during the Hong Kong Book Fair in July.
Five new books (in Chinese) by Dr Chin Wan-kan, assistant professor in Chinese at Lingnan, have been launched at the Hong Kong Book Fair.
Lingnan University Rowing Team has won the 2nd runner-up prize in the Jackie Chan Challenge Cup Hong Kong Universities Rowing Championships 2013 held on 10-11 August at Shing Mun River, Shatin.
Two Lingnan University associate professors have been awarded a Bronze Bauhinia Star (BBS) and appointed a Justice of the Peace (JP) respectively.
|Date||:||22-28 September 2013|
|Time||:||10am – 5:30pm|
|Venue||:||Paul S Lam Conference Centre, Lingnan University (Room 308, 3/F, Amenities Building)|
|Topic||:||Food Safety and Brand Reputation|
|Date||:||24 Sep 2013|
|Time||:||11:00 am - 12:30 pm|
|Venue||:||MBG06, G/F, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Prof Anne Tsui, Professor Emerita, Arizona State University|
|Date||:||27 Sep 2013|
|Time||:||2:15 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Venue||:||Conference Room 1, Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, 22/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong|
|Speaker(s)||:||- Prof Shen Dingli, Deputy Dean, Institute of International Studies, Fudan University
- Prof Shi Yinhong, Professor of International Relations, Renmin University
- Prof Wang Yizhou, Deputy Dean, School of International Studies, Peking University
|Date||:||23 Oct 2013|
|Time||:||5:00 pm - 6:15 pm|
|Venue||:||LBYG02, G/F, B Y Lam Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Dr Christopher Sutton, Senior Research Assistant and Visiting Lecturer, Lingnan University|
Date: 23 October 2013 (Wednesday)
Time: 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Venue: Wing On Plaza, Lingnan University
|Date||:||25 October 2013 (Friday)|
|Time||:||5:30pm – 6:30pm|
|Venue||:||MBG07, Patrick Lee Wan-keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Title||:||Competitive Pearl River Delta Port System and the Future Direction for Hong Kong Port|
|Speaker||:||Prof Liu Liming, Chair Professor and Head of Department of Computing and Decision Sciences|
|Date||:||26 Oct 2013 (Sat)|
|Time||:||10:00am – 6:00pm|
|Venue||:||Lingnan University Campus|