In Memory of Dr Wong Bing-lai
- Prof Alfred Chan speaks at International Conference of Parliamentarians on Population and Ageing on “Toward a New Paradigm for Healthy Ageing and Vibrant Economy”
- UNESCO Co-chair in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education Dr Rajesh Tandon visits Lingnan
- Sir Gordon Wu speaks on “Running Business” at second University Assembly of 2013/14
- Public lecture of Vincent Woo Distinguished Visiting Scholar Programme 2013/14 on “Understanding Bank Runs”
- International academic conference on “The Production and Circulation of Hong Kong Pulp Fiction in the 1940s and the 1950s”
- Lingnan University survey: Hong Kong people slightly happier than last year despite significant drop in satisfaction with public policy and living environment
- New book "Multinationals and Global Consumers: Tension, Potential and Competition" edited by Prof T S Chan and Prof Cui Geng
- New essays by Prof Grace Lau Ying-ping published
- In Memory of Dr Wong Bing-lai
- Alumni Activities
- Campus News
- New Publications
- Upcoming Events
Lingnan University records with deep sadness the passing of Dr Wong Bing-lai, former Court member and Honorary Doctor of Laws (2001), on 27 December 2013, at the age of 97. Alumni may pay respect to Dr Wong by attending the Vigil on 8 January 2014 and the Memorial Service on 9 January 2014.
The Lingnan Education Organization (LEO) would like to cordially invite alumni to join the Dish Tasting Activity held monthly (normally held on Monday) at Lingnan Club, Central, to provide an opportunity for our alumni to interact with the LEO members. Details are as follows:
|Date||:||(Please click "More" for the schedule from Jan to Jun 2014)|
|Venue||:||Lingnan Club, 13/F, On Lok Yuen Buildling, 25 Des Vouex Road, Central|
|Quota||:||Maximum 3 alumni per event|
|Enquiry||:||alumni@LN.edu.hk / 2616-8957|
*Priority will be given to alumni who haven't joined before.
Prof Alfred Chan, Director of Asia-Pacific Institute of Ageing Studies, Lingnan University, was invited to attend a High Level Meeting on Population Development organised by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) on 17-18 November, and presented his keynote speech on “Ageing Issues from Global Perspectives: Diversities and Significance” in the House of Representatives, Japan.
Dr Rajesh Tandon, UNESCO Co-chair in Community-based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education and President of the Society for Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA), cited Lingnan University as “a powerful example” of smaller, faith-based universities in Asia-Pacific that vigorously pursue community engagement despite peer pressures to chase the world ranking sweepstakes.
“Ask what you can do for society, not what society can give you,” Sir Gordon Wu Ying-sheung, founder and Chairman of the board of Hopewell Holdings Limited, told Lingnan students and staff members at the second University Assembly of 2013/14 on 2 December.
On 6 December, Prof Manju Puri, J B Fuqua Professor of Finance, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University and Vincent Woo Distinguished Visiting Scholar 2013/14 of Lingnan University, was invited to give a public lecture entitled “Understanding Bank Runs”.
Centre for Humanities Research of Lingnan University organised an international academic conference on Hong Kong pulp fiction of the 1940s and 1950s on 13-14 December.
Hong Kong people are slightly happier than last year, despite declined satisfaction with public policy and the living environment, according to the Hong Kong Happiness Index Survey 2013.
A new book titled Multinationals and Global Consumers: Tension, Potential and Competition, edited by Prof T S Chan, Shun Hing Chair Professor of Marketing and Prof Cui Geng, Professor of Department of Marketing & International Business, Lingnan University, has been published by Palgrave Macmillan – the publisher of Journal of International Business Studies (JIBS).
Two new essays on life and death, love and hatred in classical Chinese fiction and Cantonese opera by Prof Grace Lau Yin-ping, Academic Dean of Faculty of Arts, Lingnan University, have been published.
Date: 22 January – 6 February 2014
Opening Ceremony: 3pm, 21 January 2014 (Tuesday)
Venue: Joint Publishing Flagship Store@Yuen Long, 49-63 Castle Peak Road, Yuen Long (Tai Tong Road station, Light Rail)
Curators: Joyce Li, Presie Tsvetanova & Ellen Luk, students of Visual Studies