- Enrol at Lingnan University Summer School 2014 to experience liberal arts education
- Lingnan Students’ Union organises Big Bowl Feast at Wing On Plaza
- Award presentation ceremony of Mainland Summer Internship Programmes 2013
- Talk on “The Year of ’93 (China’s Crises and Opportunities)” by Prof Wen Tiejun
- Lingnan Visual Studies students curate “Human Nature” art exhibition
- Hong Kong premiere of Kunqu opera Xu Pipa as prelude to Lingnan Arts Festival 2014
- Read the childhood story of President Leonard K Cheng in LINGNAN CHRONICLE
- Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme 2013-14: Career Visit to Pearl River Delta
- New Department of Applied Psychology at Lingnan
- New Appointments/Re-appointments to the Court
- Lingnan University sets up “Mr Sin Cho Ming Hostel Bursaries and Scholarships”
- Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme & Career Empowerment Programme Christmas Gathering 2013
- Elder Academy at Lingnan featured in UGC’s TV programme “Knowledge Transfer”
Awards and Achievements
- Visual studies graduate opens photography studio in London
- Lingnan students win awards at Taekwondo and rugby competitions
- The 38th Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan
- The 6th issue of LIBRARY MATTERS
- The 16th volume of SLant
- Office of Service-Learning Annual Report 2012/13
- Launch of book BETWEEN
- Lantern Legend 2014
- “Youth and Citizenship” film show series
- Standard Chartered Marathon x Lingnan University
- Lingnan University Sports Day
- Lingnan Arts Festival 2014
- Myanmar Perspective: 50 Paintings from a Changing Country
- ZOOMANITY — Exhibition by renowned Mexican sculptor and ceramist Mr José Sacal
- Writer-in-Residence Seminar on "Literature, in Small Times, in Great Times"
第二十期《嶺大校友 Lingnan Connections》將於2014年6月出版。一本內容精彩的校友刊物實有賴各位的鼎力支持。不要猶豫，立即與大家分享你的所見所聞及昔日回憶。歡迎校友為下列專欄提供稿件及/或相片：
Lingnan University is inviting applications to 27 courses of its summer school this year, which encompass disciplines of Business Studies, Humanities, Languages, Science, Service-Learning and Social Sciences to cater for the diverse interests of students and members of the community.
More than 900 Lingnan University students, alumni, teachers, staff and Council and Court members enjoyed a heart-warming dinner and a series of fascinating performances during the annual Big Bowl Feast organised by the Students’ Union on 27 January. A total of 76 tables were set up at Wing On Plaza on campus.
Lingnan University held the Award Presentation Ceremony of Mainland Summer Internship Programmes 2013 on 27 January to honour those participants with outstanding performance, followed by a briefing session on the 2014 Programmes.
“China’s problem is that it has a dream, a dream of modernisation,” said Prof Wen Tiejun in his lecture on “The Year of ’93 (China’s Crises and Opportunities)” at Lingnan University on 24 January.
Three Lingnan Visual Studies students curated the “Human Nature” art exhibition, calling on the public to take an active role in protecting the natural environment and making a better world for our next generation. The opening ceremony of the exhibition was held on 21 January at Joint Publishing Flagship Store in Yuen Long. The exhibition was open to visitors until 30 January.
More than 700 guests, students and staff of Lingnan University, as well as members of the public, attended the prelude to Lingnan Arts Festival 2014, the Hong Kong premiere of Kunqu opera Xu Pipa, presented by Northern Kunqu Opera Theatre, on 20 January.
In a recent interview for Lingnan University newsletter Chronicle, President Leonard K Cheng talked about his childhood days, past work and future goals.
More than 75 students and mentors of the Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme (LCMP) joined the Career Visit to Pearl River Delta on 4 January.
The Department of Applied Psychology of Lingnan University was officially established on 1 January 2014.
Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has recently made new appointments and re-appointments to the Court of Lingnan University for a term of three years with effect from 1 January 2014.
Thanks to the generous donation of HK$10 million from Mr Sin Cho-ming, the “Mr Sin Cho Ming Hostel Bursaries and Scholarships” were set up to support students with financial difficulties to live and learn from hostel life.
About 100 students and career mentors of the Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme (LCMP) & Career Empowerment Programme (CEP) joined a Christmas Gathering on 21 December 2013.
The University Grants Committee (UGC) has commissioned TVB to produce a programme on selected knowledge transfer projects from each of the eight institutions funded by it, including work of the Elder Academy at Lingnan.
“I always tell myself that young people should be courageous to try new things,” said Jim Wong, Lingnan University Visual Studies graduate who opened his own photography studio last year near the Tower Bridge in London.
Lingnan students have achieved remarkable results at recent Taekwondo and rugby tournaments.
The 38th volume of “Cultural Studies@Lingnan” is now published.
The new issue of Library Matters, a publication of Fong Sum Wood Library of Lingnan University, is now available online.
The 16th volume of Slant, a newsletter of the Office of Service-Learning of Lingnan University, is now published. The theme of this issue is “If There Were No Tomorrow”.
The 2012/13 Annual Report of Lingnan University’s Office of Service-Learning, entitled “Connecting Life to the Community”, is now published.
|Welcome by||:||Prof Rafael De Clercq (Head, Department of Visual Studies)|
|Date||:||12 Feb 2014 (Wed)|
|Venue||:||Artists’ Studio, NAB323, New Academic Block, Lingnan University|
|Project organisers||:||Prof Carol Archer, Assistant Professor of Visual Studies, Lingnan University and Prof Christopher Kelen, Professor of English, University of Macau|
|Enquiries||:||2616 7457 / email@example.com|
|Date||:||12 Feb 2014 (Wed)|
|Time||:||5 pm – 8 pm|
|Venue||:||Wing On Plaza, Lingnan University|
|Date||:||26 Feb 2014 (Wed)|
|Time||:||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Venue||:||Multi-purpose Outdoor Sports Ground, Lingnan University|
The 4th Lingnan Arts Festival features various forms of arts and cultural performances including a Cantonese opera titled “The Purple Hairpin” as opening event, arts exhibitions, music performances, film screenings, sharing by renowned artists, writer-in-residence and artist-in-residence, etc.
|Date||: 27 February – 27 March 2014|
|Venue||: Lingnan University|
|Enquiries||: 2616 7438|
|Date||:||27 Feb 2014 - 27 Mar 2014|
|Time||:||Monday to Friday: 9 am – 8 pm
Saturday: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sunday: 1 pm – 5 pm
|Venue||:||Fong Sum Wood Library, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||Open to public|
|Date||:||27 Feb 2014 - 19 Mar 2014|
|Time||:||Monday to Friday: 12 noon – 7 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
|Venue||:||Leung Fong Oi Wan Art Gallery, 2/F, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||Free admission. All are welcome.|
|Date||:||25 Mar 2014|
|Time||:||5:30 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Venue||:||Ben C M Wong Lecture Theatre (MBG22), G/F, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Mr Su Tong, Writer-in-Residence, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: Putonghua