- Lingnan University invites applications for Direct (Non-JUPAS) Admission to undergraduate programmes 2015-16
- Lingnan University survey reveals that Happiness Index for Hong Kong people remains unchanged and satisfaction with public policy and living environment goes up
- President Cheng updates on exciting developments in Letter to Lingnanians
- The Dialogue of Life: Jacky Cheung and Frederick Ma
- Lingnan’s first Music Day
- Equal Opportunity Talk on the situation of ethnic minorities
- Tin Ka Ping Mainland Scholars and Senior Administrators Exchange Programme cum Seminar on Liberal Arts Education of Lingnan University
- Farewell to incoming exchange students for the first term of 2014/15
- Exhibitions showcase fabulous visual artworks by Lingnan students
- Thanksgiving Dinner and Postcard Design Competition 2014
- Mid-term Gathering of the 4th Leadership Mentoring Programme
Awards and Achievements
- New book edited by Prof Li Siu-leung collects classic play-scripts performed by the “Queen of Diva”
- The 3rd Volume of the electronic newsletter of the Bachelor of Social Sciences programme
- The 43th Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan
- Seminar on "Authorship and the Appreciation of Television"
- 2014 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference (7-9 December 2014)
- Artist-in-Residence Exhibition “Tiger Heart”
- Agreement Signing Ceremony of Pan Sutong Shanghai-Hong Kong Economic Policy Research Centre
- Seminar on "Different Cultures, Same Brain?"
- 《遊走於體制內外：香港的文化研究與成人教育》 Book launch cum Master of Cultural Studies Programme Introduction
- Seminar on "文化生態與歷史坍塌"
- Alumni Activities
- Campus News
- Awards and Achievements
- New Publications
- Upcoming Events
|時間||:||上午9時 – 下午5時30分|
Lingnan University now invites applications for Direct (Non-JUPAS) Admission to its undergraduate programmes for the 2015-16 academic year.
According to the results of the Hong Kong Happiness Index Survey conducted by Lingnan University’s Centre for Public Policy Studies, the Happiness Index for Hong Kong people in 2014 stands at 70.5 (on a scale of 0 to 100), which is the same as last year. The survey outcome is an unexpected one taking into account the current social and political controversies in Hong Kong.
In his Letter to Lingnanians on 12 November, President Leonard K Cheng reported on some recent developments of the University and called on all relevant parties to open their hearts and minds and work together to end the long-drawn-out social and political impasse arising from the Occupy Movement.
“The Dialogue of Life” between top Cantopop singer Jacky Cheung and former HKSAR Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Prof Frederick Ma on 3 November attracted a full house audience at the Chan Tak Tai Auditorium of Lingnan University.
Two music concerts were organised on 5 November, making it Lingnan’s first “Music Day” which is part of the University’s new initiative to enrich the music culture on campus.
The newly established Equal Opportunities Committee of Lingnan University organised its first activity, a talk entitled “Screening of Ethnic Minority Short Films + Discussion”, on 12 November.
The annual “Tin Ka Ping Mainland Scholars and Senior Administrators Exchange Programme” was held from 23 to 27 November, with President Leonard K Cheng invited to share his insight and experience in implementing liberal arts education at Lingnan.
A farewell reception was organised by the Office of Mainland and International Programmes of Lingnan University for more than 150 incoming exchange students on 17 November.
Two art exhibitions entitled “Seeing in Black & White” and “KALEIDOSCOPE” were held in November to showcase fabulous artworks created by students who studied the Visual Studies courses of “Understanding Drawing” and “Digital Imaging” this year.
More than 300 local and exchange students, teachers and staff members shared a Thanksgiving dinner in a warm and delightful evening on 27 November.
Mentors of the 4th Leadership Mentoring Programme co-organised by Lingnan University and the Hong Kong Professionals & Senior Executives Association (HKPASEA) shared their invaluable professional experience with student mentees at a mid-term gathering held on 22 November.
ITSC is pleased to inform you that the email services for students and alumni have been upgraded to the Office 365 platform, a cloud based email platform that provides larger mailbox for students and alumni.
A total of 488 Lingnan students were awarded academic honours in 2013/14, with 72 being placed on the President’s List and 416 on the Dean’s List. A dinner reception was held on 12 November in recognition of their remarkable academic achievements.
A new book entitled Anthology of Hong Kong Cantonese Opera: The Fong Yim Volume, edited by Prof Li Siu-leung, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Cultural Studies of Lingnan University, has been published with the support of the Cantonese Opera Development Fund.
The 3rd Volume of the electronic newsletter of the Bachelor of Social Sciences programme is now published.
The 43rd Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan is now published.
Speaker: Dr Ted Nannicelli, Lecturer in Film and Television Studies, University of Queensland
Date: 5 December 2014 (Friday)
Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: HSH229, 2/F, Ho Sin Hang Building, Lingnan University
Enquiries: 2616 7488
Date: 8-19 December 2014
Time: Monday to Friday: 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Venue: Leung Fong Oi Wan Art Gallery, 2/F, Patrick Lee Wan Keung Academic Building, Lingnan University
Enquiries: 2616 7457 / 2616 7456
|Date||:||15 Dec 2014|
|Time||:||11:00 am - 12:00 nn|
|Venue||:||WYL314, 3/F, Dorothy Y L Wong Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Prof Ng Sik-hung, Department of Psychology, Renmin University of China|
|Organiser||:||Department of Applied Psychology, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: English
|Date||:||17 Jan 2015|
|Time||:||2:30 pm - 4:25 pm|
|Venue||:||1908 Bookstore, Room 202, 2/F, Universal Commercial Building, 69 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon|
|Organiser||:||Master of Cultural Studies Programme, Lingnan Unviersity|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: Cantonese
|Date||:||12 Feb 2015|
|Time||:||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Venue||:||LKK301, 3/F, Leung Kau Kui Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Prof Dai Jinhua, Peking University|
|Organiser||:||Master of Cultural Studies Programme, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||- Open to public
- Language: Putonghua