- "Traditional Cuisine, Vintage Wine, New Friends" by The Joint University Alumni Association Wine Club
- 《嶺大校友》— 徵稿
- 700 alumni reunited on Homecoming Day
- Student Exchange Programme with Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University
- Farewell dinner of the Shanghai-Hongkong Future Leaders (Lingnan Elites) Internship Programme
- New Appointments and re-appointments to the Council and the Court
- Lingnan University appoints new Associate Vice-Presidents and Dean of Faculty of Arts
Awards and Achievements
- Lingnan Karate Team wins second runner-up in joint university competition
- Lingnan Rugby Team scores championship of Standard Chartered Rugby Tertiary League – Varsity Cup
- Prof Ip Iam-chong’s new book reviews theories and ideas on the eve of the Umbrella Movement
- New book by Prof Law Wing-sang investigates hotly debated identity of Hong Kong Chinese after handover
- Prof Annie Chan’s new book showcases changes in women’s role in Hong Kong Police
- New book by Prof Ma Kwok-ming explores the meaning and possible development of civil disobedience movements
- Prof Chin Wan-kan’s new book on city-state sovereignty released
- Lingnan Gardeners Newsletter No. 8
上午10時正 --- 開步禮
政務司司長林鄭月娥女士, GBS, JP
|Date||:||21 August 2015|
Basement, Shanghai Industrial Investment Building, 48-62 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai
$680 per person
Joint University Alumni Associations Wine Club Limited
Wine Development (International) Limited
|Registration and Enquiry||:||
Only 36 seats available. For registration, please contact:
第二十三期《嶺大校友 Lingnan Connections》將於2015年12月出版。一本內容豐富的校友刊物實有賴各位校友的鼎力支持。請不要猶豫，立即與大家分享你的所見所聞及昔日回憶。歡迎校友為下列專欄提供稿件及/或相片：
Alumni Homecoming Day 2015, the annual highlight for Lingnanians, was successfully held on 11 and 12 July. The event was participated enthusiastically by alumni, their families and friends, and made a record high of 700 participants.
A group of Lingnan students joined a three-day exchange programme to visit Lingnan (University) College, Sun Yat-sen University, and learned more about Lingnan’s history and culture.
The “Shanghai-Hong Kong Future Leaders (Lingnan Elites) Internship Programme 2015”, co-organised by Lingnan University and the Hongkong-Shanghai Economic Development Association, held its farewell dinner in Shanghai on 13 July. President Leonard K Cheng was invited to join the event and share the joy of 36 Lingnan students in completing the programme.
The Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has made several appointments and re-appointments to the Council and the Court of Lingnan University.
Lingnan University recently announced its latest Associate Vice-President appointments which will take effect on 16 August. Appointment of the new Dean of Faculty of Arts has also been effective from 16 June.
Lingnan University Karate Team came third in the 25th Joint University Karate Competition held on 31 May at Kowloon Bay Sports Centre.
Lingnan Rugby Team was crowned the champion in the final march of the 2014/15 Standard Chartered Rugby Tertiary League – Varsity Cup.
Co-edited by Assistant Professor of Cultural Studies Ip Iam-chong and Mr Chan King-fai, Boycott Classes, Continue Learning (The Age of Disobedience 06) was published in May.
Prof Law Wing-sang, Associate Professor of Cultural Studies, published a book (in Chinese) entitled Collaborative Colonial Power – The Making of the Hong Kong Chinese in June.
Co-authored by Prof Annie Hau-nung Chan, Director of BSocSc (Hons) Programme and Associate Professor of Sociology and Social Policy of Lingnan University and Dr Lawrence KK Ho, Assistant Professor of Social Sciences at the Hong Kong Institute of Education, Sixty Years of Hong Kong Policewomen was launched at this year’s Hong Kong Book Fair.
Prof Ma Kwok-ming, Adjunct Associate Professor of Cultural Studies, published a book (in Chinese) entitled [The Age of Disobedience 08] The Violence Irresistible by Umbrellas, which explores the meaning and possible development of civil disobedience movements.
Prof Chin Wan-kan, Associate Professor of the Department of Chinese, published his new book City-State Sovereignty (in Chinese).
Lingnan Gardeners’ Newsletter No. 8 is now published.
|Date||:||24 October 2015|
|Time||:||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Venue||:||8 Castle Peak Road, Tuen Mun, Lingnan University|
|Organiser||:||Office of Communications and Public Affairs, Lingnan University|
|Remarks||:||Open to public. All are welcome.|
|Deadline for registration||:||31 August 2015|
|Event Date||:||3-5 December 2015|
|Venue||:||Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang, Malaysia|