- "JUAAWC x Muse Wine Bar @ Hotel Stage Italian Wine Tasting: Wine Tasting of Italian Wine from North to South Italy" by The Joint University Alumni Association Wine Club
Awards and Achievements
- Student teams win awards in innovation and entrepreneurship competition
- Lingnan student grasps top award in Belt and Road essay competition
- Dedicated staff receive award for outstanding service
- Ranking leap affirms Lingnan University’s efforts in providing quality liberal arts education
- Lingnan students join entrepreneurial training and internship in Shenzhen
- Lingnan secondary school students join camp to experience Lingnan’s liberal arts education
- Lingnan hosts International Postgraduate Summer School and signs MOU on postgraduate student exchange
- Prof Lau Chi-pang brings Hong Kong’s past to life
- President Leonard K Cheng talks about liberal arts education at interview
- Cultural Studies students visit Fukushima to understand the aftermath of nuclear disaster
- Eight students share their unique liberal arts experience in two new videos
- New inter-institutional agreements strengthen Lingnan’s global links
- Seminar on "The Challenges of Comparing Child Well-being across Countries: Reflecting on the UNICEF Report Card 13 Research Experience"
- 2016 Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Regional Conference on "Connectivity and Prosperity: ASEAN Economic Community and China’s Belt and Road Initiative"
27 July 2016(Wed)
|No. of guest||:||50|
Tasting of wine
|:||1 x sparkling, 1 x white, 1 x rose, 2 x red details see below|
|Venue||:||Muse Wine Bar|
|:||Hotel Stage, Basement, 1 Chi Wo Street, Jordan|
|Speaker/host||:||An Italian wine expert (Mr. Francesco Marchio) will provide a simple introduction of all the wines and chat with the guests|
|Fee||:||HK$50 (wine tasting) per guest, fully redeemable on event day for wine purchase (only one coupon to be used in each wine order)|
|Follow by dinner||**Optional at Hotel Stage|
|Reservation||:||Please call or WhatsApp Paul Ho at 95568665 or wechat Paulhe352|
JUAAWC AC 78-3204835
Joint University Alumni Associations Wine Club Limited
*Please send the receipt image to Paul Ho by WhatsApp or wechat after payment is made
1. Prosecco Extra Dry 'Verv' DOC NV (Veneto)
|2. Lugana 'I1 Gruccione' DOC (Lombardy)|
|3. Settesoli Syrah Rose(Sicily)|
|4. La Pieve Chianti DOCG 2013 (Toscana)|
|5. 'Sartor' Tintilia del Molise DOC(Molise)|
JUAAWC will give stickers to their guests as identification during the day. Wines will be served only to guests with stickers.
Two Lingnan student teams won awards in the “Challenge Cup” National Competition – Hong Kong Regional Final, Hong Kong University Student Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition 2016.
Kevin Xie Zihan, a Year 4 Accounting student, was selected one of the top three awardees in an essay competition on the topic “One Belt One Road: Opportunities for Vietnam?” organised by the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute.
The University recently announced the recipients of the Dr and Mrs James Tak Wu Awards for Outstanding Service (Staff Awards) for 2015-16. The Staff Awards is to honour the awardees’ outstanding service to the University and the community.
According to the results of the QS University Rankings: Asia 2016 announced in mid-June, Lingnan’s ranking surged by 33 places to the position of 109 among Asia universities. This is an affirmation of the University’s excellence in liberal arts education.
Four Lingnan students were awarded the Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships in recognition of their outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Over 20 undergraduate and postgraduate students of Lingnan joined the “Youth Entrepreneurial Training Scheme” held in Longgang District of Shenzhen from 6 to 17 June.
About 90 high school students from three Lingnan secondary schools under the Lingnan Education Organisation joined the first “Experience in Lingnan University” camp to experience Lingnan University’s liberal arts education from 26 to 28 June.
Renowned scholars, experts, senior administrators of higher education institutions, postgraduate students gathered on 27 June at Lingnan for the opening of the three-day International Postgraduate Summer School cum International Conference on Comparative Development and Policy Studies.
Prof Lau Chi-pang is known to have deep passion for teaching and preserving Hong Kong’s history. To fulfil his ambition, he recently launched the Jockey Club Hong Kong History Learning Programme and took up the position as Chairman of the newly formed Advisory Committee on Built Heritage Conservation.
President Leonard K Cheng, in a recent media interview, talked about his views on liberal arts education and how it can benefit students.
In March 2011, a powerful earthquake hit Japan, causing radiation leakage from a nuclear power plant in Fukushima. Five years after the incident, three Year 4 Cultural Studies students of Lingnan joined the Social World Thematic Forum on Nuclear in Tokyo in late April this year and visited deep into Fukushima to understand its latest situation after the disaster.
In the two new videos of “Where Transformation Begins” and “Go Global. Enrich Life”, eight Lingnan students shared how the power of liberal arts education has transformed their lives.
The University has recently strengthened its global links with the establishment of a number of new inter-institutional agreements.
|Date||:||29 Jun 2016|
|Time||:||5:00 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Venue||:||AM310, 3/F, Amenities Building, Lingnan University|
|Speaker(s)||:||Prof John Hudson and Dr Stefan Kühner, Department of Social Policy and Social Work, University of York|
|Organiser||:||Lingnan University in collaboration with leading institutions in Asia, UK and US|
|Enquiries||:||Dr Jiang Jin (dgs@LN.edu.hk)|
|Ms Jennifer Lee (cclife_pgss@LN.edu.hk)|
|Date||:||2 Dec 2016 - 4 Dec 2016|
|Time||:||9:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Venue||:||Guangdong University of Foreign Studies and Easeland Hotel, Guangzhou, China|
|Organiser||:||Hong Kong Institute of Business Studies, Lingnan University and Academy of International Business Southeast Asia Chapter|
|Co-organiser||:||Guangdong University of Foreign Studies|
|Enquiries||:||2616 8373 / hkibs@LN.edu.hk|
|Remarks||:||- Paper submission deadline: 18 July 2016|
|- Registration deadline: 31 August 2016|
|- Language: English|