- Lingnan University Fundraising Dinner 2015 (2 June 2015)
- Alumni Homecoming Day 2015 校友日2015 - 現已接受報名！
- Arts Festival features fascinating array of activities
- Ballpoint pen art reveals delicate strokes of Nepalese artist
- Zheng Sheng Principal Dr Alman Chan Siu-cheuk speaks on “Life Coach”
- “Empowerment • Ignite” Spring Dinner celebrates fruits of Service-Learning
- Concerts@Lingnan: Bach and His Choral Legacy – The Hong Kong Bach Chamber Choir
- Horticultural X Drama & Movement X Sandplay Therapies
- Over 200 alumni and students join Alumni Career Advising Night
- Collaborative postcards by Lingnan students showcased at K11 Art Mall
- “Delta Four” Short Film Series
- Seminar on "清代詩學研究與中國文學批評傳統再認識"
- Seminar on "Introduction to Brokerage Operation Processing" (Part 2 of 3)
- Kick-off Ceremony of the Leadership Mentoring Programme (LMP) 2015 (11 April 2015)
- Seminar on "Neo-Lewisian Contextualism and Ordinary Life"
- Seminar on "Translation and Transformation of 水滸傳 (Suikoden) in Japan"
- Seminar on "Private Banking and Wealth Management" (Part 2 of 2)
- Seminar on "60 風尚 ─ 《中國學生周報》影評十年"
- Seminar on "Much Ado About Nothing?: Global Multilateral Climate Policy and Implications for East Asia"
- Seminar on "Drunken MPs, Local Protesters, and Political Changes in a Colonial Setting"
- Seminar on "Corporate Banking in Greater China"
- Seminar on "Modeling and Measuring Information Asymmetries in the Context of Senegalese Migrants' Remittances"
- Seminar on "The Road to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics: Sport, Politics and Korean Reunification"
- Seminar on "Introduction to Brokerage Operation Processing" (Part 3 of 3)
- Seminar on "How Business Community Institutions Can Help Fight Corruption"
- Video Conferencing Seminar on "Startup Financing - An Entrepreneur's Perspective" (Part 2 of 2)
- Artist-in-Residence Exhibition on "Manifold Worlds"
- Seminar on "過去的革命與今天的中國／世界"
Awards and Achievements
- Lingnan University business students team win championship in KPMG Business Administration Paper Contest
- New book on the strengths and strategies of Asian firms
- Lingnan Gardeners Newsletter No. 4
- The 45th Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan
- Centre for Advancement of Outcomes-Based Education Newsletter No.2
- “My 1960s” seminar maps the cultural landscape of the 1960s
- International conference on “The Translation of Literature and Culture in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China during the Cold War Period”
- Conference marks the launch of new series of Lingnan Journal of Chinese Studies
- Lingnan’s UGC teaching excellence awardee Prof Charles Kwong invited to share experience at HKIEd
- Knowledge Transfer Project Fund Lunchtime Sharing Sessions
More than 150 community partners, faculty members and students gathered at the Spring Dinner of the Office of Service-Learning (OSL) on 6 March, which carried the theme “Empowerment • Ignite”, to share happiness and celebrate Lingnan students’ achievements in Service-Learning.
The event was honoured by the attendance of Mr Simpson Lo, Assistant District Officer of Home Affairs Department (Tuen Mun), Mrs Ng Ng Lai-chun, Assistant District Social Welfare Officer (Tuen Mun) and President Leonard K Cheng as officiating guests.
In his address at the dinner, President Cheng remarked that the University has reformulated and refined its vision and mission statements, and its new vision statement has been extended to highlight “community engagement”. He pointed out that a Service-Learning graduation requirement would be introduced in the 2016-17 academic year to manifest Lingnan’s motto of ‘Education for Service’.
Organisation of the dinner was the joint effort of students participating in Service-Learning and staff of OSL. Apart from presenting their learning outcomes in the “Mini-community”, a booth exhibition before the dinner, students were also responsible for the event’s preparations including drama performance, MC script writing, venue decorations and other design works, as well as catering arrangement. Their active participation and enthusiasm demonstrated the success of Service-Learning and gave OSL an inspiring vision in student development.
To see what happened at the event, check out the event photos at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152892098209748.1073741867.370483394747&type=1