- Kick-off Ceremony of Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme 2015/16
- The 17th and 18th Seminars for Senior Administrators from East Guangdong Region
- Alumnus Mr Nicky Tse shares his pursuit in the legal field at “Tuesdays with Mentors” dinner talk
- President shares Lingnan’s teaching and research development in his “Letter to Lingnanians”
- Forbes names Lingnan University one of the “Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges in Asia”
- Nine more exchange partners help widen students’ international exposure
- Research excellence of Lingnan University recognised with outstanding results in this year's General Research Fund and Early Career Scheme applications
Awards and Achievements
- Chinese Debate Team wins the first runner-up and the title of best debater in the Basic Law Debate Competition
- Woodball Team achieves excellent results in The Hong Kong Institute of Education Open 2015
- Lingnan University appoints seven Honorary Court Members
- Lingnan University confers honorary fellowships upon three distinguished individuals
- History graduate earns full scholarship to pursue PhD at London University
- Prof Victoria Yeung receives Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Senior Research Scholar Award
- Office of Service-Learning Newsletters, Volume 19: Regard all elderly people as your own parents
- Lingnan Gardeners’ Newsletter No. 10
- Centre for Advancement of Outcomes-Based Education Teaching and Learning Centre Newsletter No 5
- Centre for English and Addition Languages Newsletter September issue
- Drama on “A Kitchen of Her Own”
- "Art and Life" Film Show and Post-screening Discussion Series: "Mountain Spirit"
- Seminar on "Culture and Politics in European Cinema - A Prehistory of Media Convergence: Film in Euro-American Freedom of Information Debates, 1944-1948"
- Information Day 2015
- Seminar on “Liberal Arts Education of Lingnan University” - Tin Ka Ping Mainland Scholars and Senior Administrators Exchange Programme 2015
Peter Law, an MPhil graduate from the Department of History, was granted The Swire Scholarship in Chinese History of over £73,000 to support his PhD study at the prestigious School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London in September 2015.
Peter is very excited about having the opportunity to further his study at SOAS. “The competitive scholarship is opened for application worldwide and only one scholarship for three years of studies was awarded in 2015-16,” he said. SOAS is the only higher education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near & Middle East. Peter will focus his thesis on “Negotiating colonialism: British enterprises and the making of working class culture in Shanghai, 1927-1949”.
“Lingnan’s rigorous programme design and generous support for overseas field studies equipped me with the unique training and qualities required of a young scholar,” Peter said. He also paid tribute to his MPhil project supervisor, Prof Mark Hampton, who now becomes his friend, for his guidance and encouragement during his study at Lingnan.
Prof Mark Hampton, Associate Professor of Lingnan’s History Department, described Peter as an outstanding budding scholar who is well-deserved for the award. “Peter is a passionate historian and a highly skilled researcher. I am confident that he will work out a distinctive PhD thesis,” said Prof Hampton.