- Kick-off Ceremony of Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme 2015/16
- The 17th and 18th Seminars for Senior Administrators from East Guangdong Region
- Alumnus Mr Nicky Tse shares his pursuit in the legal field at “Tuesdays with Mentors” dinner talk
- President shares Lingnan’s teaching and research development in his “Letter to Lingnanians”
- Forbes names Lingnan University one of the “Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges in Asia”
- Nine more exchange partners help widen students’ international exposure
- Research excellence of Lingnan University recognised with outstanding results in this year's General Research Fund and Early Career Scheme applications
Awards and Achievements
- Chinese Debate Team wins the first runner-up and the title of best debater in the Basic Law Debate Competition
- Woodball Team achieves excellent results in The Hong Kong Institute of Education Open 2015
- Lingnan University appoints seven Honorary Court Members
- Lingnan University confers honorary fellowships upon three distinguished individuals
- History graduate earns full scholarship to pursue PhD at London University
- Prof Victoria Yeung receives Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Senior Research Scholar Award
- Office of Service-Learning Newsletters, Volume 19: Regard all elderly people as your own parents
- Lingnan Gardeners’ Newsletter No. 10
- Centre for Advancement of Outcomes-Based Education Teaching and Learning Centre Newsletter No 5
- Centre for English and Addition Languages Newsletter September issue
- Drama on “A Kitchen of Her Own”
- "Art and Life" Film Show and Post-screening Discussion Series: "Mountain Spirit"
- Seminar on "Culture and Politics in European Cinema - A Prehistory of Media Convergence: Film in Euro-American Freedom of Information Debates, 1944-1948"
- Information Day 2015
- Seminar on “Liberal Arts Education of Lingnan University” - Tin Ka Ping Mainland Scholars and Senior Administrators Exchange Programme 2015
Nine more partner institutions
Lingnan is devoted to developing exchange partnerships worldwide, and proactively drives academic and cultural exchanges. The total number of exchange partners recently reached 163 in 35 countries, with nine new partners in France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, the UK and the US.
Increasing number of outbound students
On average, about 67.2% of our undergraduate students spend a term studying abroad. In the academic year 2014/15, 87% of our undergraduate students went on exchange, the number of which was slightly more than that in 2012/13 (66%) and 2013/14 (68%) due to the double cohorts in 2012/13.
Rewarding summer exchange opportunity
In summer 2015, more than 125 Lingnan students attended study abroad programmes in mainland China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Morocco, Portugal, Russia, Taiwan and the UK. Students were sent to experience the liberal arts education offered by Al Akhawayn University in Ifrance, Morocco, during the seven-week regular summer session, and to Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat München, Gernmany, to learn German within the academic, cultural and social context of the country.