Awards and Achievements
- Opportunity of Postgraduate Study with a Scholarship
- Lingnan University launches Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Global Liberal Arts and LEO Dr David P. Chan Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Data Science (Chinese only)
- Lingnan University launches the first Economic Integration Index for Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Second graduation ceremony for “Navigation Scheme for Young Persons in Care Services”
- "Walking with Lingnanians 2018" Fundraising Walkathon
- Seminar on "From Rails to Reels"
- Seminar on "情景交融與古典詩歌意象化表現方式的成立"
- Seminar on "Music in Museums: Curatorial Highlights from The Courtauld Gallery"
- Information Day for Undergraduate Admissions 2018
- Seminar on "What is Curating?"
- Performances@Lingnan: Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra — Hong Kong Nostaglia
- Seminar on "Modernism: Masters of Modern Art from British Post-Impressionism to American Abstract Expressionism"
- Seminar on "The Convergence of Christianity and the Chinese Revolution in 1950s Hong Kong"
- Seminar on "The Round Number Heuristic and Crowdfunding Performance"
- Seminar on "Verses of Vengeance: Poetry and the Boxer Crisis of 1900"
- Seminar on "How Important is the Play of Shadows in Sculpture?"
- Seminar on "Addressing Burnout: Balancing Resilience with Improving Worklife"
Opportunity of Postgraduate Study with a Scholarship
I would like to bring to your attention a very prestigious programme that the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong has established: the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) which aims to attract brilliant students from around the world to pursue doctoral studies in Hong Kong. Please consider this great learning opportunity for yourself and feel free to forward this message to your former schoolmates, friends, and work associates whom you think may be interested to apply.
Lingnan is Hong Kong’s only liberal arts university and offers MPhil and PhD programmes in the Arts, Business and Social Sciences disciplines, and was named by Forbes as one of the “Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges in Asia” in 2015. Alongside having a strong international faculty in all the areas we cover, one of our values is student-centred learning which ensures close and supportive thesis supervision. At the University, students establish peer-type working relationships with academics in their departmental homes and we offer a wonderful academic environment for postgraduate studies in Hong Kong.
To apply, applicants should login the Admission System of the RGC at www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd to make an initial application during the period from 1 September to 1 December 2018 (Hong Kong Time 12:00 noon). Each applicant will be allocated a reference number and he/she is required to submit a full application directly to Lingnan’s electronic system at www.LN.edu.hk/admissions/applyonline on or before 2 December 2018 (Hong Kong Time 23:59).
Successful Fellowship awardees will be provided with a Fellowship with a monthly stipend of HK$25,100* and a conference/research-related travel allowance of up to HK$12,600/year* for a maximum period of three years by RGC. In addition, the full tuition fee for successful non-local awardees will be waived by Lingnan for their first year of studies. For awardees with a normative study period of four years, the University will offer the same level of Fellowship and conference/research-related travel allowance for their fourth year of studies. Applicants who apply for and do not get the Fellowship can still be considered for the regular PhD places at the University.
For admission to our research-based two-year MPhil programmes, applicants may apply directly from 1 November 2018 to 25 January 2019. Full-time MPhil students will be awarded Postgraduate Studentships which offer a monthly stipend of HK$16,480*.
*Subject to annual review
Starting from the 2018-19 academic year, the HKSAR Government provides tuition waiver for all eligible new and progressing local students enrolled in UGC-funded research postgraduate (RPg) programmes under the scheme of Tuition Waiver for Local RPg Students. The Scheme covers the tuition fees for the normative study period of UGC-funded RPg programmes, viz. 2 years for MPhil students, 3 years for PhD students with a research master’s degree and 4 years for PhD students without a research master’s degree.
For more details regarding application methods and requirements, please visit our website at www.LN.edu.hk/reg/info/pgrad.
Please direct your enquiries to the Registry (Tel: (852) 2616 8750; Email: rpgadm@LN.edu.hk).