- Kick-off Ceremony of Lingnanian Career Mentoring Programme 2015/16
- The 17th and 18th Seminars for Senior Administrators from East Guangdong Region
- Alumnus Mr Nicky Tse shares his pursuit in the legal field at “Tuesdays with Mentors” dinner talk
- President shares Lingnan’s teaching and research development in his “Letter to Lingnanians”
- Forbes names Lingnan University one of the “Top 10 Liberal Arts Colleges in Asia”
- Nine more exchange partners help widen students’ international exposure
- Research excellence of Lingnan University recognised with outstanding results in this year's General Research Fund and Early Career Scheme applications
Awards and Achievements
- Chinese Debate Team wins the first runner-up and the title of best debater in the Basic Law Debate Competition
- Woodball Team achieves excellent results in The Hong Kong Institute of Education Open 2015
- Lingnan University appoints seven Honorary Court Members
- Lingnan University confers honorary fellowships upon three distinguished individuals
- History graduate earns full scholarship to pursue PhD at London University
- Prof Victoria Yeung receives Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Senior Research Scholar Award
- Office of Service-Learning Newsletters, Volume 19: Regard all elderly people as your own parents
- Lingnan Gardeners’ Newsletter No. 10
- Centre for Advancement of Outcomes-Based Education Teaching and Learning Centre Newsletter No 5
- Centre for English and Addition Languages Newsletter September issue
- Drama on “A Kitchen of Her Own”
- "Art and Life" Film Show and Post-screening Discussion Series: "Mountain Spirit"
- Seminar on "Culture and Politics in European Cinema - A Prehistory of Media Convergence: Film in Euro-American Freedom of Information Debates, 1944-1948"
- Information Day 2015
- Seminar on “Liberal Arts Education of Lingnan University” - Tin Ka Ping Mainland Scholars and Senior Administrators Exchange Programme 2015
Prof Victoria Yeung Wai-lan, Assistant Professor of the Department of Applied Psychology, has recently been selected as one of the two recipients of the Fulbright-RGC Hong Kong Senior Research Scholar Award in 2015-16.
The Fulbright Programme is the US Government’s flagship international educational exchange programme organised in partnership with the Research Grants Council. This award gives Prof Yeung an opportunity to conduct research on the topic “precebo effect as a psychological illusion” at Colorado College for six months. “The ‘precebo’ effect refers to a psychological illusion that we feel we had enjoyed the benefit of the product before we actually use it. For example, we feel more knowledgeable after buying a book even though we have not yet read it,” explained Prof Yeung.
Prof Yeung is excited about the opportunity to conduct research at Colorado College, and to visit various other universities as a Fulbright scholar. “Hopefully, as my research progresses, there will be more opportunities to create greater impact and benefit for the psychology field,” she said.