- Lingnan University Fundraising Dinner 2015 (2 June 2015)
- Alumni Homecoming Day 2015 校友日2015 - 現已接受報名！
- Arts Festival features fascinating array of activities
- Ballpoint pen art reveals delicate strokes of Nepalese artist
- Zheng Sheng Principal Dr Alman Chan Siu-cheuk speaks on “Life Coach”
- “Empowerment • Ignite” Spring Dinner celebrates fruits of Service-Learning
- Concerts@Lingnan: Bach and His Choral Legacy – The Hong Kong Bach Chamber Choir
- Horticultural X Drama & Movement X Sandplay Therapies
- Over 200 alumni and students join Alumni Career Advising Night
- Collaborative postcards by Lingnan students showcased at K11 Art Mall
- “Delta Four” Short Film Series
- Seminar on "清代詩學研究與中國文學批評傳統再認識"
- Seminar on "Introduction to Brokerage Operation Processing" (Part 2 of 3)
- Kick-off Ceremony of the Leadership Mentoring Programme (LMP) 2015 (11 April 2015)
- Seminar on "Neo-Lewisian Contextualism and Ordinary Life"
- Seminar on "Translation and Transformation of 水滸傳 (Suikoden) in Japan"
- Seminar on "Private Banking and Wealth Management" (Part 2 of 2)
- Seminar on "60 風尚 ─ 《中國學生周報》影評十年"
- Seminar on "Much Ado About Nothing?: Global Multilateral Climate Policy and Implications for East Asia"
- Seminar on "Drunken MPs, Local Protesters, and Political Changes in a Colonial Setting"
- Seminar on "Corporate Banking in Greater China"
- Seminar on "Modeling and Measuring Information Asymmetries in the Context of Senegalese Migrants' Remittances"
- Seminar on "The Road to the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics: Sport, Politics and Korean Reunification"
- Seminar on "Introduction to Brokerage Operation Processing" (Part 3 of 3)
- Seminar on "How Business Community Institutions Can Help Fight Corruption"
- Video Conferencing Seminar on "Startup Financing - An Entrepreneur's Perspective" (Part 2 of 2)
- Artist-in-Residence Exhibition on "Manifold Worlds"
- Seminar on "過去的革命與今天的中國／世界"
Awards and Achievements
- Lingnan University business students team win championship in KPMG Business Administration Paper Contest
- New book on the strengths and strategies of Asian firms
- Lingnan Gardeners Newsletter No. 4
- The 45th Volume of Cultural Studies@Lingnan
- Centre for Advancement of Outcomes-Based Education Newsletter No.2
- “My 1960s” seminar maps the cultural landscape of the 1960s
- International conference on “The Translation of Literature and Culture in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China during the Cold War Period”
- Conference marks the launch of new series of Lingnan Journal of Chinese Studies
- Lingnan’s UGC teaching excellence awardee Prof Charles Kwong invited to share experience at HKIEd
- Knowledge Transfer Project Fund Lunchtime Sharing Sessions
Dr Alman Chan Siu-cheuk, Principal of Christian Zheng Sheng College, was invited by Lingnan University to speak on the topic “Life Coach” at the University Assembly held on 23 March.
Principal Chan has devoted himself to education for 30 years. He shared with some 150 students and faculty members his life transformation from an egoistic and cantankerous youngster who dared to challenge authority, to a life coach committed to helping marginalised youths return to society.
The smiling Chan took himself as an example, and said that once he blamed fate as his academic results were unsatisfactory and questioned why he was not the one who gave assignments to his teacher. It was not until his college study that he grasped the skills of asking questions, and developed a passion for asking questions and learning.
Making his life a blessing for others, savouring every moment and being grateful has enabled him to embrace a positive attitude to overcome hurdle after hurdle. He also encouraged Lingnan students to be active learners, review direction in life proactively and be responsible for their own decisions.
Principal Chan founded Christian Zheng Sheng College in 1998, a private secondary school offering life education to young drug addicts and teenagers with behavioural or emotional problems in Hong Kong, where he has been serving as Principal. Some of his graduates were admitted to universities while others returned to society and made their contributions. Principal Chan was selected as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Hong Kong in 2000 and conferred an honorary fellowship by Lingnan University in 2014.